Saturday, 19. June 2021, Across the Kingdom of Fife, Bridge to Bridge Hike
Across the Kingdom of Fife
About this Event
The sixth annual 50-mile charity trek across Fife. Setting off at sunrise from the Forth Rail Bridge, the route meanders through the former mining towns of west Fife, around the majestic twin beacons of the Lomond hills and over the rolling agricultural landscape of North East Fife, before arriving at the Tay Rail Bridge around midnight. It's Fife, but as rarely experienced before.
Participants can choose to walk the entire route, an individual segment, or to get together with family/friends/colleagues to walk the route as a team relay. We will contact you to find out which option you have chosen. Each individual participant must register - you cannot register once for all individuals in your team.
Segment lengths and ESTIMATED times - these are still being finalised and are subject to change:
* North Queensferry 5.00am to Fife Leisure Park 7.05am (7 miles)
* Fife Leisure Park 7.20am to Lochgelly Centre 9.25am (6.25 miles)
* Lochgelly Centre 9.40am to Leslie 1.10pm (10 miles)
* Leslie 1.55pm to Kettlebridge 4.45pm (9.25 miles)
* Kettlebridge 5.00pm to Cupar 7.45pm (7.75 miles)
* Cupar 8.30pm to Wormit midnight (9.75 miles)
By registering here for the event, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions apply to all people participating in the Bridge-to-Bridge Hike. By taking part in the Bridge-to-Bridge Hike, each participant agrees to these terms and conditions.
* You, walker, participant, they: anyone taking part in the Bridge-to-Bridge Hike
* We, us: Bridge to Bridge and Cupar Round Table
* The Charity; Bridge to Bridge
* The event, the hike, the Bridge-to-Bridge Hike: a sponsored walk taking place on Saturday 19 June 2021
Terms and conditions
1. Participants are fully responsible for their actions while taking part in the Bridge-to-Bridge Hike. We do not accept responsibility for the actions of the participant, nor the consequences of such actions.
2. We ask all participants and their supporters to be respectful of local residents, to not make excessive noise along the route and to use the public litter and recycling facilities available.
3. The Bridge-to-Bridge Hike is not a race, it is a non-competitive walk. Running is not allowed. Anyone found running will be asked to leave the route.
4. Participants must be confident that they are physically and mentally capable of walking the distance they have chosen. The route follows a combination of paths, country roads, country paths and fields. There are some steep hills and uneven ground. If they are at all unsure about this, they should seek medical advice from their GP before the event.
5. In order to participate in the Bridge-to-Bridge Hike you must individually register online on the Eventbrite site.
6. The contact details you provide on registration will be used for Bridge-to-Bridge Hike correspondence. You may ask us to stop this correspondence at any time. We will seek your specific consent during the event to retain your details to contact you in respect of next year's event. You are under no obligation to consent.
7. The entry fee for taking part is £35 (Early Bird rate may apply though).
8. Anyone aged under 16 years must get permission to take part from their parent or guardian before registering. All under 16's must walk with a responsible ***** on the day.
9. We reserve the right to refuse participation to any individual and to cancel or postpone the event completely for all participants at any time.
10. By participating walkers are agreeing to endeavour to raise a minimum of £50 for the event. You can register as a fundraiser on the event's JustGiving page (TBC) to raise funds online. You agree that any cash raised will be forwarded to Bridge to Bridge no later than 19 July 2021.
11. We reserve the right to alter the route at any time without prior notice.
12. Registration is personal to the Participant accepting the Terms and Conditions, and the Participant agrees not to authorise or permit any third party to take part in the event in their place. If the Participant is unable to take part and wishes a replacement to take their place, the replacement must register as a Participant in their own right.
13. We reserve the right to declare the event complete at 1.30am on Sunday 20 June 2021. Any participant who has not finished the Event by this time but chooses to continue does so at their own risk with the understanding that they are no longer considered a participant of the Event, and that they absolve us of any and all responsibility and progress entirely at their own risk.
14. The main nominated charity beneficiary of the event is Bridge to Bridge, with funds donated to be used as approved by the Trustees of The Charity.
15. Dogs are not allowed to take part in the event.