Wednesday, 01. July 2020, Online, Mindfulness: Awakening to Self Realization
About this Event
Within your being is a vast and infinite light of tremendous healing and spirit! Would you like to nurture this bright energy and stop negativity in your life?
Learn how to hold space for yourself within your mind and heart in an authentic practice of meditation and mindfulness.
In this class, you will begin to find the answers to your deepest questions and restore balance in yourself to bring light back into the world. With the help of the teachings from ancient Eastern wisdom, you will be able to integrate and adapt these traditional practices into your life in the modern world of post-covid.
Improve your life.
Become the change you want to see in the world.
Transform your mind.
Elevate your heart.
Evolve for the sake of others.
ALL ARE WELCOME
This class encourages students, seasoned practioners and young professionals from all ethnic, cultural, gender and religious (or non-religious) backgrounds and identities. All are welcome to experience the benefits of meditation and apply the practices to their every day life regardless of where you are from or where you have been. Please join the space with an open mind and open heart to learn about the transformative teachings of ancient wisdom to discover the limited self and override conditions of the ego in order to step into your true nature and unlock your brightest potential.
Classes begin with an introduction and a practice meditation. Then, a short talk about various topics that introduce "The Truth" - or what is called Dharma, followed by a slightly longer meditation. You may ask questions after class if you like. At the end of your first three classes, there will be a complimentary gift to aid you on your journey to spiritual awakening and self development.
Etiquette is very important for meditation:
- - Be on time, more than 10 minutes late is disruptive to the class
- - Tidy your space, no distractions, no eating, etc. during meditation
- - There will be a short break after the introduction if one is requested
- - No one casually listening in, please be present and focused: bring your best!
This class is for you if:
• You want to be successful in your career, studies and/or athletics
• You simply want more balance in your daily life and relationships
• You want to feel happy and connected with others of like-mind and like-spirit
• You are ready to take the next step in your life and transform your current limitations
• You truly want to find purpose in your life and heal from past traumas so that you can move forward and become a stronger and more capable individual
ABOUT THE TEACHER
Raised in the midwest, Jhaspar graduated from SFSU with a BA in Liberal Studies, Humanities and Interdisciplinary Research. In 2018, Jhaspar was ordained a Buddhist Monk. As part of their spiritual path they have applied the teachings from their school in everyday modern life and extended their practice into other areas in their life such as martial arts, LGBTQIA+ workshops, career development, and peer-support mentorship. Jhaspar is down-to-earth and has a big sense of humor. Cultivating a joyful mind is the key to a brave and eternal spirit!