Saturday, 24. October 2020, Online, Online 100 Hour Foundations of Ayurveda
About this Event
learn the life-transforming practices & philosophy of Ayurveda online with Dhyana Masla, Syama Masla, Richard Masla
dates – 4 weekends:
- october 24th and 25th
- october 31st and november 1st
- november 7th and 8th
- november 21 and 22
timing – 7:15-8:30am: Sadhana / 10am-5pm: classroom
*note: we will also have an orientation session from 5:30-7 pm on friday, october 30th
*all times are EDT (Eastern Daylight Time)
location – online
Our online sessions will be conducted via zoom. The teacher will email you 30-60 minutes before class starts to send the zoom link which you can use to access the live video. This link will be sent to your email address you enter on eventbrite or mindbody upon registration.
tuition: early bird special first 5 Students $900 | regular – $1,100
This training is for yoga teachers, life coaches, yoga practitioners and anyone interested in diving deeply into the science and lifestyle of Ayurveda. It consists of 100 hours which can be applied to the advanced, Yoga Alliance certified 300 hour yoga teacher training. This training is also certified for continuing education hours for NAMA certified Ayurvedic practitioners.
- Ayurvedic Digestion and Nutrition
- Dinacharya & Rtucharya ( Daily & Seasonal routines for self care )
- History and Philosophy of Ayurveda
- Ayurvedic Cooking
- Ayurvedic Yoga, meditation and pranayama
- Fundamental theory of the doshas, subdoshas and dhatus
- Psychology from an Ayurvedic Perspective
- Non Violent Communication & Coaching skills
- Customized yoga classes for balancing doshas
– Read the Introduction to Everyday Ayurveda Cookbook by Kate O’Donnell (Introduction + Part 1, chapters 1-3)
– Ayurveda the science of self healing by Dr Lad
– What to eat for how you feel by Divya Alter
WHAT IS AYURVEDA?
Ayurveda, Yoga’s sister science, is a 5,000-year- old system of natural healing rooted in the ancient culture of India. More than a mere system of treating illness, Ayurveda is a science of life (Ayur = life,Veda = science or knowledge), guiding us not only towards vibrant physical and mental health, but also deeper connection to our spiritual nature. It offers a body of wisdom designed to help you stay vital while realizing your full human potential. Providing guidelines on ideal daily and seasonal routines, diet, behavior and the proper use of our senses, Ayurveda reminds us that health is the balanced and dynamic integration between our body, mind, spirit, and environment.