Wednesday, 30. September 2020, Online, Foundation Child Exploitation Training
About this Event
Informed by over 20 years of experience supporting affected families, our Foundation Course will provide you with a clear understanding about child sexual and criminal exploitation. All children can be at risk of being exploited and to keep our communities and children safe, we have to understand how offenders behave and how this behaviour impacts victims and their families.
The course will be presented live by our two expert trainers.
<blockquote>“This training was invaluable! It highlighted clearly the signs of exploitation and more importantly what to do about it to protect children and young people.” </blockquote><blockquote>Katie Malley - Assistant Principal</blockquote><blockquote></blockquote>
- Gain a clear understanding about child sexual exploitation and child criminalisation (including county lines), with an understanding of the national context and relational safeguarding
- Understand the different ways children can be groomed, both by their peers and adults
- Understand how to manage and respond to harmful sexual behaviours in schools
- Be aware of the impact the perpetrators’ behaviours have on the child, young person and family, and the support they need
- Understand about online sexual abuse and how social media is used by the perpetrators
- Recognise how to measure risk and harm, and respond appropriately including exploring the victim blaming language often used
- Have the opportunity to ask questions and explore issues including own practice examples.
Who is this course for?
This course will benefit anyone who has safeguarding responsibilities in their roles:
Teaching and School staff
- Residential Workers
- Housing Officers
- Foster Carers
- Youth Service Workers
- Police Officers
- Social Workers